3 to 5 years
EucoLight is the European Association of lighting WEEE compliance schemes. Its members are specialized in managing the collection and recycling of WEEE lighting. On behalf of its 20 members, EucoLight engages with everything related to the WEEE Directive, legislation and standards affecting the collection and recycling of WEEE lighting; working to make the circular economy a reality for lighting products. Founded in 2015, EucoLight has quickly embarked into constructive dialogue with relevant stakeholders to provide expertise in the field of management and treatment of WEEE lighting and to promote the positive role of Extended Producer Responsibility schemes on the environment and society.
EucoLight is seeking to recruit as soon as possible a full-time, Management Assistant for its Brussels office, reporting to the Secretary General.
Tasks / Responsibilities
- Office administration:
- Be a contact point and follow up on enquiries
- Ensure a smooth running of the office (ordering and managing supplies, ensuring liaison with suppliers, collecting mail, dealing with invoices)
- Assist the Secretary General with, planning and deriving actions for the secretariat
- Provide support for travelling arrangements and logistics
- Filing and document management
- Manage and update databases of contacts
- Support for budgeting and finance matters, using excel
- Meetings, calls and events:
- Arrange timing for calls/meetings/events
- Organise meetings (invitations, booking meeting rooms and catering, tech, establish participants lists) for working groups, Board, annual conference etc
- Organise conference calls
- Prepare meeting support documents (PowerPoints, agenda, participants’ lists)
- Attend meetings and conference calls and take minutes
- Support the organization of conferences (planning workflow, invitations, registrations, badges, speaker- and delegate support, conference material, logistics, evaluation surveys.)
- Communication :
- Update website and social media
- Compile short sections for internal and external newsletter
- Use contact management systems e.g. Mailchimp for newsletters
- Use Google Forms, Survey Monkey and Eventbrite to generate surveys and for event registration and management
- Use Excel to generate results from surveys and create graphs
- Obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in office administration / secretarial studies or equivalent, or three years’ experience in a similar position
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills in English. The office working language is English
- Experience using Microsoft office package, OneDrive and the above-mentioned IT tools
- Proven effective organizational and administrative skills
- Proactive problem solver
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills and service-orientated
- You are flexible and can handle multiple tasks independently
- You can work independently and with international teams
- Work for a dynamic small international trade association dealing with environmental matters
- Interact with senior executives and stakeholders
- A competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualification and experience, including some employee benefits e.g. meal vouchers, hospitalization and ambulatory insurance (DKV), group insurance….
- An office located in Brussels and easily accessible by public transport
- A permanent contract under Belgium law (‘contrat à durée inderterminée”)
- Occasional travel within Europe may be required
How to apply?
In order to be considered for the Management Assistant position with EucoLight, the candidate must send by 16 September 2019 a very short personalised email with a CV (max 2 pages, no Europass CV) and cover letter (max 1 page) to our HR Service provider email@example.com with reference to the position “Management Assistant EucoLight”.